Re: [DML] Re: Where is the common electrical leak?

Re: [DML] Re: Where is the common electrical leak?

My two cents on your discussion: Unplugging only the red wire on the OEM
door lock module will only patch half the problem. The module still draws
current through the multi-wire plug while the car isn't being used. For
people who don't drive often, not unplugging the module completely leaves an
unnecessary drain on the battery. Here is a relevant quote from a previous
post:

> I have found that both my original door lock module and Randy's
> module draws the same 11.7 mA when sitting idle.
> The Lockzilla module sitting idle draws 11.1 mA.
> The Lockzilla module with the optional keyless remote entry draws 22.3 mA.

But then with no module at all there is no way for the doors to
automatically unlock in an accident.

Walt