I would recommend anyone who wants a srronger understanding of this device should look at the DMC News tech section where there's an in-depth description of this circuit's operation.

I also completely agree that in its stock form, the lock module should NOT be used, even if it apparently works fine.

Martin

DMC Joe wrote:

Martin,

You said:
"...Hi Joe, sorry but this is not correct. ..............The red
wire is simply the power supply to the solenoids."

I respectfully disagree.

The red 12 volt wire powers the lock module. The purple wire, which
feeds the solenoids, is on the output side of the module therefore once the
red wire is unplugged all power to the circuit is removed.

<snip>