Re: [DML] Re: Where is the common electrical leak?

Re: [DML] Re: Where is the common electrical leak?

Martin,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. Although I'm not completely convinced
that the situation is as you say I will admit that you have obviously done
more research on the lock module than I have. Once Fanzilla came along it
appeared that any attempts to fix the design flaws of the original module
were not cost effective. For this reason I put the door lock module in the
same category as the fan fail module, original window motor regulators, and
the Ducelliar alternator. When replacing these items on cars in for service
I just threw them into by dead parts bin.

If you have need for door lock modules for rebuilding I have a box full;
what do you think they are worth?

For everyone who is observing this series of posts your not going to see any
confrontation between Martin and DMC Joe. I have a great deal of respect for
Martin and enjoy this exchange of information for the betterment of the
DeLorean automobile.

What's most important to all is that Martin and I both agree that
disconnecting all of the connections to the door lock module is the surest
way not to become victim to all of its deficiencies, and to quote Martin: "I
also completely agree that in its stock form, the lock module should NOT be
used, even if it apparently works fine".

Respectfully,
DMC Joe, Help Club
DeLorean Web Mall: http://www.geocities.com/dmcjoe/home.html

DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv