[DML] Help!!!! Brought 06859 home today from ebay purchase

[DML] Help!!!! Brought 06859 home today from ebay purchase

Alright, I picked up #06859 this afternoon that I won in an ebay
auction (auction # 4566780231).  The car was described as excellent
condition inside and out and was owned by a mechanic, so I
thought....this is the one.  Well, I'll cut to the chase and say that I
need help.  If anyone lives in the DC/Maryland area or more
specifically near Calvert County, I need you.  I'll get into the
specifics about the transaction below, but the car has some major
issues that I'm going to need help with and would appreciate it if
someone could take it for a drive and look at it and tell me what you
think the problems are.  Here are the major issues so far that I have
uncovered:

First, the parking brake will not engage.  This is major because it
won't pass a Maryland inspection.  The parking brake light will go on
if you pull the brake up one notch, after that, it goes out and the
brake will not hold.

Second, and probably more serious, I suspect a fuel system issue.  The
idle is racing.  When I sit at an idle (with or without
airconditioning) it revs between 500 and 1100 RPM.  It is constantly
reving almost like I am tapping the gas pedal every second.

Also, which may be related, when I lift my foot off of the gas it
sounds like I've got a trail of "Just Married" cans being pulled behind
the car.  It's not quite a backfire, but it isn't what you would expect
a fine automobile to sound like.

Also potentially related is the fact that the car makes a loud banging
noise whenever I take a hard left turn.  I saw a posting some time this
week that had someone with this sound whenever they made a hard turn
and they suspected a suspension or bearing issue and it turned out to
be something with the fuel system. I don't know what forum it was, but
I'll be looking for it tonight.

Another issue is that the Oil Pressure gauge seemed to function
normally during the three hour drive, but about half way through it,
the gauge went all the way past 80 and was point to the "I" in Oil.
After a while it went back to normal.

Now before you suggest I go buy the shop manual, that was one of the
things the car was SUPPOSED to come with.  However, integrity seems to
be lacking in the individual that sold me this car.

None of the marker lights on the doors will light.  I haven't even
tried to track that issue down.  This could be anything from a
pulled/blown fuse.....I think I'll get to that one last.

The body is not in the excellent condition that it was described to be
in either.  The stainless isn't too bad, but there are several dings in
various spots and a deep scratch across the grain of the steel on the
hood.

A brand new steering rack was installed this morning and it feels a
little loose.  I have no experience with cars without power steering,
so maybe it is supposed to be this way, which brings me back to my need
for someone to drive it who is "in the know".

Now before you say, Nate, why did you even go on with the transaction.
Well, that is funny you should ask.  The racing idle issue was
immediately apparent.  However the clunking sound when you take your
foot off of the gas and when you make a hard left turn were not
immediately apparent.  The dings aren't THAT noticable (the utter lack
of any weatherstripping was though!)  But the main reason was that I
met this guy on the Jersey Turnpike so I didn't have to drive all the
way to Yonkers (I'm one of those federal law enforcement types working
a midnight shift with no days off in sight).  My wife (who I must thank
because she rarely says no to me .......outside of the bedroom, anyway)
had to make an appointment at 2:30 and the knucklehead was late showing
up.  So I got left at the rest area in New Jersey like cheap luggage.
The Delorean had now become my ride home with no back-up.

So the moral of the story is this:
When buying on ebay READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!!
When it says "headliner recently replaced" look into the fact that the
guy has a Johnny Bravo type of hairstyle that requires 15 W 50 to keep
it up. The headliner again needs to be replaced bacause I don't want
people thinking that crap came from my head!!!

When it says interior and exterior in excellent condition.....well that
one is kind of like my single days at the Federal Law Enforcement
Training Center and the rating system for women there.  A "6" in real
life was a FLETC "9" when you factor in the pool of applicants and the
last time you actually saw a female.  I'll rate this car a fair as it
sits now.

Anyway, I'd probably be a lot more upset right now if it wasn't for the
fact that I know that Delorean owners are a rare breed and take care of
each other.  I'm hoping I can restore this girl to her original glory
with your help!!!!

Thanks,
Nate
AKA "Really mad I sold a perfectly good Porshe Boxster for this car"