Delorean parting out/another view point

Okay, I've put on my flame suit and here goes. Another alternative
for a car like Kens other than trying to refurbish it is to...
customize it! Now we can throw all the money rules out the window
and do it just for the love of the car and building a personalized
custom DeLorean.

So what if the interior is trash... pull it out... salvage some of it
and customize the rest. So what if the engine is a boat anchor...
pull it out... drop in a Chevy V-6, Northstar, Eagle Premier engine,
or whatever makes you feel good. Repair the frame, do some
maintenance, put in a ton of elbow grease... its worth it.

This is how our Yellow D started out... trash. I almost didnt buy it
because it was so bad. Many of you on this list saw this car at
Kapac and couldnt believe it made it there(it was red back then).
Well, it got even worse since then and by the time I bought it, it
was a mess. But it was perfect to customize! Ive had numerous
offers on Yellow since the Memphis show and some of them very nice,
but... I dont want to sell, its not about the money, its a blast to
drive and show and plan more custom things for down the road.

All I am suggesting is another way to look at this car. In general,
it takes more money to customize than restore, but, you still end up
with a DeLorean, a custom DeLorean. And for those who dont think it
is a good idea to customize a car, well thats a whole different topic.

Before I take my flame suit off, just let me say it again... this was
just another thought that might be useful in the future for these
types of cars.

Ron
Gullwing Magazine

P.S. See you in Evansville and Gainsville.