Re: [DML] Re: Delorean parting out parts available

Re: [DML] Re: Delorean parting out parts available

Fellow DMCer's,
I have sat back and said nothing during the previous posting about this
selling of Delorean parts. But the time has come to add my two cents worth.
1. Having known Ken for many years, all I can say is he is one of the reasons
I still have my Delorean. He has been of great help anytime I have asked him
for anything! Many of us who have attended his shows will tell you Ken is a
straight up guy. He is the kind of Delorean owner that all of us look to when we
have a question. Many of the parts that have in the past been "out of
supply", have been remanufactured by Ken at his own personal experience. He has put
on the Delorean shows that we have enjoyed, Cleveland, Memphis, Cincinnati,
etc... If Ken says this car is only worth parting out than you can be sure that
he is correct.
2. If you are so upset at this Delorean being parted out than why no pony up
the money and buy the entire parts car from him. I am sure if you do you will
be upset at the amount of money that you have to put into it to even make it
road worthy.
3. We all need to back up and look at this from his point of view, yes he is
parting out a Delorean, but this allows some of us to buy the one part we may
need to complete our Delorean.
4. Remember he did offer these parts to us here at the DML first, before
looking to Ebay or some other venue of selling them.
Ken, you have TONS of supporters out here in cyberland. let the people who
feel this is wrong (parting out) have their say, but to others you are doing us
a service. I for one think you have done the right thing.
Thank you to the moderator for letting me have my say in this matter.
Bruce Battles
Vin# 06569
MTARNDO