Re: [DML] Delorean parting out parts available - I'm discusted at this p

Re: [DML] Delorean parting out parts available - I'm discusted at this point

Guess I opened my wide open yet again and stared
something again. I'd like to point out that Eric
Geerdink has parted out a few D's with massive frame
damage and what not. He actually is selling a pontoon
right now with front damage. I can understand doing
something like that. Eric has rebirthed alot of dead
D's. I respect people like that. If you take a D that
has been turned into a beer can then you can resolve
yourself that yes this it is just silly to invest in
it when the car is so damaged. But the whole theory of
buying a project D, then takeing it home, keeping it
for a while then just parting it out is oviously a
long term money investment to me. I wasn't born
yesterday and I've seen people do this sort of stuff.
See a car, garb it then just part it out for the sake
of makeing a fast buck.

Just remember this, For every car you part out you
destroy it. You cannot replace that car once it is
gone. Every car you destroy you rob a dream from
someone not lucky enough to have tons of money laying
around. I didn't have alot of money to buy my D. I
bought a project D because I could invest the time,
love and long term investment and I didn't care if I
had to wait to enjoy the results. I'm just happy to
have my D. If someone had parted out 5386 before Rich
got a hold of it I wouldn't have my piece of the
dream. I had to work every weekend, do 20 or more
hours of overtime a week and sacrifice alot to buy my
D. So I know the value of every nut and bolt. No one
can tell me that a DeLorean is not worth restoreing.
If you didn't have one and that was the only one you
could get your theory would be completely different.
Every time you destroy a D you destroy someones dream
like I had. I was lucky, and in the process made alot
of great friends that helped me out like Rich, Fred,
Eric ect. If you don't want to restore a D and dont
want to invest the money and dedication, then don't
buy it. Let someone else have a chance at it. Theres
no excuse for it, Id like to see people who part out
Ds who are so "worried" that the parts will help
others start donating the parts then. Your not in it
for the money so Prove it! Take the D apart and give
all the parts away. Prove to me your not into it for
the money and maybe I'll give you a break. Otherwise
your just a parts Pirate in my book. no better then a
legal chop shop and you can sit at another table
during a show or convention, because I won't associate
with people who destory the dream in search of the old
mighty buck.

Todd
Vin 5386

P.s. If your offened then you agree with the "chop it
for a fast buck" theory.