Re: [DML] Delorean parting out parts available - I'm discusted at this p

Re: [DML] Delorean parting out parts available - I'm discusted at this point

Todd,

Too bad your talking about Ken Koncelic, the man that
RUNS the DeLorean conventions!

FWIW, Ken (IMHO) has done more for DeLoreans and
DeLorean owners than any other individual (not
associated with a vendor) than anyone else I know..
Not only does he run a non-profit DeLorean car show
every two years open to EVERYONE (dont have to join a
club, or deal with a specific vendor), but he is also
active in making available many previously hard to
find parts.

Frankly, I think when a trained eye like Ken's decides
that a car is too far gone to restore, he is doing us
all a favor by parting it out. Not only is he making
parts available to keep other cars on the road, he is
taking a "basket case" off the road that would surely
end up in someones hands who would spend WAY too much
money on fixing it, then sell it for a loss and tell
everyone they know about what a piece of crap
DeLoreans are!

If you (or anyone else) is so gung-ho on saving every
basket case DeLorean, then put your money where your
mouth is.. Make him a offer on the car, as is...

--- Vin 5386 <delorean_stainless@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Otherwise
> your just a parts Pirate in my book. no better then
> legal chop shop and you can sit at another table
> during a show or convention, because I won't
> associate
> with people who destory the dream in search of the
> old
> mighty buck.
>
> Todd
> Vin 5386
>
> P.s. If your offened then you agree with the "chop
> it
> for a fast buck" theory.
> --- kKoncelik@xxxx wrote:
> > In a message dated 8/7/2003 6:53:11 AM Pacific
> > Daylight Time,
<SNIP>