Re: Help me pick an engine.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Re: Help me pick an engine.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!

The most cost effective solution would be to find a used Delorean
engine. Converting any other variation of the PRV-6 will take a lot
longer and cost more because there are a lot of subtle differences
between the way the PRV-6 is set-up in the Delorean and all of the
other applications. The selling owner is probably correct that it
isn't practical to rebuild what is left unless you can find all of the
pieces. By having to buy all of the missing parts bit by bit it would
be more expensive then jusy getting a whole engine. Try Darryl
Tinnerset, he said he had some engines. Also try backintyme (Bob
Miller). Of course you could price Delorean Housten (you might
even consider their upgraded engine). Changing to a different engine
(other then the PRV) will bring up all kinds of other problems,
certainly not a "bolt in" kind of a plan. You might recoup some of the
expense of the "new" engine by selling what you remove from the car,
it has some value if it isn't too "hacked up" and wasn't overheated.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "smoolie671 <smoolie671@xxxx>"
<smoolie671@xxxx> wrote:
> I have recently purchased "Oscar", and am going to have him shipped
> out to Boise ID within the next few weeks. Some other car thought it
> would be nice to get cozy with Oscar's rear end and thus Oscar sadly
> became a parts car. Not to worry, in steps Ulysses to save Oscar!
> Ulysses has a drive(more like an obsession) to own a Delorean unlike
> anyone has ever seen. I (I mean Ulyses) will not be denied his
dream!
> Now down to business. Oscar has what looks like the lower half of
the