Re: Help me pick an engine.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Re: Help me pick an engine.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!

See message #30802. Don't overlook potential Renault or Peugeot
sources either (anybody know specific models?). Mine is Renault,
presumably purchased on this side of pond. Bolted up to original
transmission OK.

Was leery of PRV before I took the plunge. Still find it a somewhat
confused piece of hardware, but overall am glad I have something
resembling the factory block there. Really is not as slow as rumored.
Produces a unique sound almost integral to the DeLorean experience
(tell me that comment isn't going to generate yet another
controversy). Parts supply is no problem (AMC 360 or Ford 351 would be
cheaper though...). Of course you have resources like DML and D
vendors for assistance.

If you can salvage a working idle speed motor, I'd recommend
transplanting on your new block WITH ATTENDANT THROTTLE SWITCH. I idle
off the bypass screw which works fine, but is a tad fussy first thing
on a 28 degree morning.

Bill Robertson