Re: [DML] Re: Ah, the great R12 vs R134 debate...

Re: [DML] Re: Ah, the great R12 vs R134 debate...

This isnt directly delorean realted but helpful for servicing themThere is a cheap alternative to having the shop service your air conditioning system.It is a small "air vac" vacuum pump driven by air from your air compressor.With this thing and a cheap set of gauges and hoses which can be got at most auto parts stores you can serivice it yourself.there are also kits available for flushing the system yourself which arent to expensive.The air vac can pull enough vacuum to evacute almost any system including the DeLoreans.Here is a link to where you can pick up this handy gadget-------.http://www.autotoolexpress.com/airvacforr12.html ----.It cost around $60 dollars which is quite a deal compared to the $300-$800 a regular vacuum pump costs. There are even shops who you use this thing.The cost of the air vac and hoses/gauges altogether shouldnt exceed $120.00 excluding shipping,but you should be able to find a dealer near you.The people who generally carry the air vac on hand sell to garages so it wont be a retail store.There is a set of r134 fitting adapters which should be included with any gauge set you buy make sure they are before you purchase it.I believe discount auto parts has a set right behind the parts counter hanging on a display rack near the o-rings for ac systems.If you have any further questions email me off list.