Since my D required another can in August, am pretty sure it will be
similar. Oh well...

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh@xxxx> wrote:
>

> This isnt directly delorean realted but helpful for servicing
themThere is a cheap alternative to having the shop service your air
conditioning system.It is a small "air vac" vacuum pump driven by air
from your air compressor.With this thing and a cheap set of gauges and
hoses which can be got at most auto parts stores you can serivice it
yourself.there are also kits available for flushing the system
yourself which arent to expensive.The air vac can pull enough vacuum
to evacute almost any system including the DeLoreans.Here is a link to
where you can pick up this handy
gadget-------.http://www.autotoolexpress.com/airvacforr12.html ----.It
cost around $60 dollars which is quite a deal compared to the
$300-$800 a regular vacuum pump costs. There are even shops who you
use this thing.The cost of the air vac and hoses/gauges altogether
shouldnt exceed $120.00 excluding shipping,but you should be able to
find a dealer near you.The people who generally carry the air vac on
hand sell to garages so it wont be a retail store.There is a set of
r134 fitting adapters which should be included with any gauge set you
buy make sure they are before you purchase it.I believe discount auto
parts has a set right behind the parts counter hanging on a display
rack near the o-rings for ac systems.If you have any further questions
email me off list.