Re: [DML] A letter of thanks and a little more

Re: [DML] A letter of thanks and a little more

 A sure way of testing the alternator is to start the car then remove one of the battery leads (preferbally the positive), then test the pos and neg for 12-17vDC. This will tell you if the alternator is producing electricity. I had to change my alternator and all was ok partly due to the old motorolla only producing 68vDC and the old rusted nuts causing resistance shorting out the charge. If you need to change the alternator, I have a list of part numbers that will get you a straight replacement from your local parts store, OR if you are like me, more power is always the way to go. I will have a new web page up in about 2-3 days @ www.sk1pper.com that has pic of mine and how i put a 140a alternator on.

Let me know if you need any more info or if this even helps ...

sk1pper landry