Re: [DML] A letter of thanks and a little more

Re: [DML] A letter of thanks and a little more

This is going to require group input, likely a step at a time. Mine is don't
replace the battery and then the alternator, charge the battery first and see
if the alternator is working, if not then consider another alternator.
Charge the battery fully, see if it holds a charge for a couple of days. If
not, most batteries are dated by month and year, see how old yours is, if
it's around 3 years or so might just get a new one for that reason. If you
don't need it now you'll need it soon. If the battery seems like it should
have some virtue but is not holding well for a couple of days, disconnect the
closest battery cable and leave it off for a couple of days then see if it
acts like it should when you replace the cable. If it does, you have drain
while the battery is off and that's another story, come back to the list for
the answer to that one.

Les