[DML] Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

I realize that by commenting on the show as I saw it will render
numerous responses defending the show and messages stating that there
must be something wrong with me to make these comments but I will say
them anyway as I feel that it is my moral duty.  The first day was a
surreal experience seeing all of the D's lined up at one place and
the 3M discussion (though very long after travelling all day) wasn't
bad either.  Friday evening (didn't go out to the run in the morning)
was fantastic.  Everything seemed to be building up to a grand
climax. That never came.  Saturday was one of the longest days of my
life.  There was no plan B for anything.  OK so Rob Grady was late
stuff happens.  But there was no alternative to any of the late
arrivals or cancellations.  There was no continuity in anything.
Most of the time when the video monitors where on there was no sound
so they were basically useless.  The speakers that were there (all of
them ) seemed ill informed on what there expectations were and they
relied on their personal speaking talents and to be able to think on
the fly.  This worked fine for Bob Gale who is so versed in his area
but it did not work out for the majority of speakers.  Most of us
were basically stuck there on Saturday as we were not able to take
our cars out for many hours.  By the time we were able to take them
out the evening events were about to commence.  The show as a whole
seemed very "clicky" as many of us felt like outsiders with the
numerous inside joke references and talking about the same
individuals over and over.  Saturday evening can best be described as
egomania run amock.  I realize what it takes and the people necessary
to run something of such a large proportion but to devote an entire
evening to this??  That's all it was.  The "click" praising each
other and patting each other on the back was just too excessive for
us "outsiders"  I can imagine the response to what I have said so far
being "I'm sorry you feel this way but everyone that I have talked to
had a great time"  Consider who you are getting the feedback from.
Everyone on this list was certainly not the majority at the show.
Some people may feel that it is a sacrilege to say anything that is
anti Delorean related and may not be so ready to speak the way they
really feel.  Take what I say as beneficial to assist in planning the
next show.  When I heard initially that the next show was to be in
Chicago I was excited.  After the show was over I doubt at this point
that I will be going.  The amount of time money and effort put into
attending the show was NOT worth the return.
Again I feel that those who contributed should be recognized but
recognized appropriately.  If you are an organizer and part of those
who contributed your motivation should not be all of the praise and
ego boosting it should be the personal gratification of keeping
continuity to those of us preserving this magnificent piece of
automotive history.