[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dalaurieann" <dalaurieann@xxxx>
wrote:
> I realize that by commenting on the show as I saw it will render
> numerous responses defending the show and messages stating that
> there must be something wrong with me to make these comments but
> I will say them anyway as I feel that it is my moral duty.
>
> snip <
>
> The amount of time money and effort put into
> attending the show was NOT worth the return.
>
> snip <

I know that each individual's comments can be considered helpful
but I think they should try to get the whole story before they
offer criticism.  I was disappointed by a few things, but I did
let Ken K. know what they were while at the PF show (and after).

As one of the first persons to bring vehicles to the PF show and
the last person to transport vehicles back home (via third party)
at a quite substantial person cost, I think my time, money and
effort to attend the show exceeded most people and most vendor
costs for attending, and I did not take anything physical away
from the event (3 vehicles out of 5 expected to bring, no awards).
As disappointing as these facts are, they are NOT the reasons why
I attended the show and brought several of my vehicles.

The D Rex and GT40RC arrived at PF on Saturday, June 12 and did
not leave until Saturday, June 26, all due to mechanical problems
from the transport (blown trailer tires & trailer brake failure).
A big thanks to Ken K. and Dave Baurle in helping to get the two
Big Boys back through the mountains and back home.  I still have
not caught up on my sleep yet - maybe after July 4th parades.
Although I had these problems and several more, I would not have
missed attending the PF show (with vehicles) for any reasonable
cost.  I noticed that we have not seen any posts from people who
did not attend the show just because fuel prices were still up.

I too prefer to have a little more structure than most, which has
served me well in most occasions, and since I will continue to
help Ken plan the DCS 2006 event in the Chicago area, you can rest
assure there will be as much structure that I can put in that Ken
will allow and still keep things fun.  There will also be a lot of
new things at this event that you have not seen at other DCS events.

My recommendation would be to talk to Ken about what he went through
with the entire event, then offer your comments if they are still
valid or constructive.  We all know you can probably twist Ken's arm
to talk about the DCS event for a while.  (he lives for this stuff)

I hope my comments put things in better perspective for those of you
that attended the PF show and those who plan on attending DCS 2006.

Later,
Rich W.