[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

I'm not going to flame you for stating your opinion but I'll send
along my rebuttal.

I know what a "clique" is, but why did you consider yourself an
"outsider"? I'm confused. You are, or are not an owner?

Irrelevant actually. Even non-owners who showed up were treated with
respect and enthusiasm because they are potential future owners. Jai
and I gave rides to a grateful few.

You want to talk about feeling like an outsider? After busting my
balls for nearly 18 months to make my car a strong runner I -still-
felt like I didn't belong when I arrived because so many cars were
cosmetically much better than mine. I expected a lot of upturned noses
and derisive comments but that never happened. Everyone I met was
friendly and encouraging and told me not to come down on myself.

I was a concours judge assistant (my first time, my first DeLorean
event too). All the "old timers" were friendly and welcoming. There
definitely were "inside jokes" but only because they've all shared
past experiences. All I had to do was ask for the reference and they
were more than happy to share the story.

For me, the best part of the show was finally meeting all of the
people who have helped me with parts and information, paying my thanks
and making new friends of the attendees who don't post to the list.

Cheers,

Rich A.