Re: [DML] Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

Re: [DML] Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

Why do you not identify yourself? It would give your
comments more validity.

You made no suggestions as to what you would like to
see, or what you were expecting.

Are you saying that the show is put on for the benefit
of Ken (THE organizer)?  Having spent many hours
helping Ken with this show, I could not disagree with
you more (if this is what you are trying to say).

Sure, we all love to be pat on the back.  We all have
Ego's that like to be stroked.  However, The DeLorean
Car Show is one of those events that seems to benefit
EVERYONE.

The obvious benefit is to the DeLorean owners, who
have the unique ability to see so many cars in one
place.  The best opportunity to compare cars, swap
stories, and have the car there to demonstrate.

Maybe not as obvious are the Vendors.  For the months
before this show we watched people on the DML and
DMCFORUM talking about all of the work they were doing
to get cars ready for the show, generating orders for
all of the vendors.  THEN the vendors come to the
show, and sold MORE there!  That vendor area was
PACKED.  Where else would you be able to shop for
DeLorean parts like that?

Does Ken benefit?  Sure.. He sells some of his parts,
and is told 500+ times what an amazing job he did
putting together a show.

What bugs be about your post is that Ken is open to
comment, criticism, and suggestion.

Frankly, I like the informal way the guest speakers
were handled.  Most of these people are NOT
professional speakers, and I think they all did an
amazing job.

Back in the olden days (Pre 1998!) the disbanding and
dislike for the DOA was a problem.  There were lots of
DeLorean owners (most of us on the DML) who were not
members of the DOA.  This excluded us from
participating in DOA events.  Ken came along and ran a
show that was open to EVERYONE, and welcomed more than
just the "concours" cars.  (Side note, Only 2 concours
cars this show...  Anyone see a trend?) Sure, anyone
COULD have done it..  But he DID.

My point is (yea, this is getting too long winded), is
you can choose to not return.. Or you can offer some
real suggestions and help make the show better... Or
are you from the DOA and trying to cause trouble?

Marc

--- dalaurieann <dalaurieann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I realize that by commenting on the show as I saw it
> will render
<SNIP>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail