[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

[DML] Re: Pigeon Forge Show disappointing

Maybe a couple of minor points, but first, your commentary would be
taken more seriously if you were to identify yourself.

It was stated up front and on the signup forms that if you wanted to
get your car out before 5 pm, you need to park it outside. About half
the people there did that. After 5 there were only two cars left
inside (one was mine because I hitched a ride back to the hotel with
someone else).

The hotel issues were somewhat out of the organizer's control as the
hotel had changed ownership/management the day prior to the event.
Stuff happens.

In an event like this, the biggest issue is balancing cost vs
accessibility. Based on prior shows Ken had determined that people
were generally more interested in "being there" than in professional
entertainment. Professional entertainment and management would have
driven the cost up considerably and reduced the attendance. In an
area like Pigeon Forge there is plenty to do outside, in fact it was
strategized that people would come and go Saturday and take advantage
of the other entertainment in the area. The next show will probably
be a bit more self-contained due to the venue.

Anything like this can be improved, in fact Ken actively solicits
input. And he gets it! Every one of these shows has been very
different from the previous one, and Chicago will be no exception.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dalaurieann" <dalaurieann@xxxx>