Re: [DMCForum] Removal of Timing Pulley

Well I managed to remove the crankshaft pulley.  One thing I've learned,
you must use heat as suggested before.  When I was trying to remove the
nut without applying heat, because of the locktite used, it fused the
nut to the pulley and the pulley spun with the nut which destroyed the
pulley by enlarging the key slot.  To answer all questions about the
size, I measured the nut flat to flat and it measured to 1.378" exactly,
or exactly 35 mm.

I also failed to mention that I did find the evidence of water in my
oil.  Basically I'm probably going to pull the engine and do a good
rebuild.  After I clean up the heads I'll have it examined for warpage,
then decide from there which way to go.

Paul

Martin Gutkowski wrote:
> If your head gaskets keep failing and you've got exhaust in the coolant,
> then it's not the liner seals. They will only do one thing - put water
> in the oil. Trust me on this, you do not need to change the liner seals,
> they're a long winded, pain in the arse of a job. You DO however need to
> GET THE HEADS FACED. The manual tells you you can't do this, but this is
> nonsense, however you may have to use silicone on your rocker covers as
> there will be a fractional mismatch between the height of the heads and
> the height of the timing cover.
>
> Brand new piston rings from Volvo are about £12 per piston over here.
>
> Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: