From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of jonheese
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:42 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: the EV1... vs Diesel

Yeah, I can go for that.

But keep in mind that we already do drill for oil and NG here. There
are 3 oil derricks within 3 miles of my house (I live in Houston).
>From what I've read (sorry, I can't find the report right now), the
amount of oil expected to come out of ANWR would only compose about
25% of our domestic petroleum production. That means it would only be
a 50% increase, domestically speaking.

I'm not against drilling in ANWR, but I do think it's a very small
band-aid on a very big problem.

Regards,
Jon Heese

--- In DMCForum@yahoogroup <mailto:DMCForum%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Ryan
Wright" <ryanpwright@...> wrote:

> Jon,
>
> On 9/12/07, jonheese <jonheese@...> wrote:
> >
> > The answer is not to desperately empty the cupboard, the answer is to
> > find other sources of energy.
>
> The answer is both, IMHO. I think we need to be drilling at home
> immediately to reduce our oil imports while we work on a useful
> alternative energy source. There are millions of oil burning cars on
> the road and they aren't going away anytime soon. Even if we stopped
> selling them today, there are still going to be millions on the roads
> in 15 more years. So we need to be able to power them and it would be
> best if we did so of our own accord, instead of importing from
> unstable countries.
>
> Granted we'll never eliminate our dependence on foreign oil but at
> least we could reduce it. At the same time we need to be pushing as
> hard as we can to get off of oil all together.
>
> -Ryan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: