[DMCForum] Re: Relays & current draw

Ryan, Chris, and Gang - I was made aware of this discussion, but really
haven't had the time to read all the way through it to see where it
wandered to.  If the basic concern is to prevent the door and trunk
actuators from accidentally operating while the car is moving, it
really would be quite simple to limit power to the actuators
themselves, without affecting power to the remainder of the system
(door locking/unlocking, alarm, window operation, etc.)  This would be
done using a typical relay set up to provide +12 volt power to the
actuators only with the engine off, but the power would be interrupted
with the engine running.  The relay would be drawing a small current
only when the engine is running, which shouldn't pose a problem.  Does
this sort of solution resonate with the issue, or is there something
else in the background of this question?  I will tell you that I
considered doing something like this for the kits, and decided that the
risk of somebody accidentally fondling the keyfob while the bird was in
flight was minimal.  Is there a consensus that it is an issue?

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Almy <chris.almy@...> wrote:

> Why would you want to do this? I've never heard of anybody having the
door launchers and trunk popper accidentally activate while driving.