Re: [DMCForum] Relays & current draw

On 2/26/06, Chris Almy <chris.almy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No problem. If it makes you feel better, it still took me a few minutes of
> hard thinking to come up with it. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the
> hardest! :)

It does make me feel better, but only a little. ;-)

> Oh, one thing to note. If the brake fluid gets low, the switch in the MC
> reservoir will ground and effectively disable the safety. Of course if you
> are running low on fluid, you've got bigger things to worry about then
> accidentally opening the doors!

Ah, low brake fluid must turn on the brake light, then? I didn't know that. :)

Here's an interesting one: With the ignition off or in accessory
position, the e-brake switch wire is grounded even if the brake is
off. It "ungrounds" itself when you turn the car on. Must be a factory
relay somewhere... This of course makes no difference for my
application, it was just unexpected. Took me a minute to figure out.

-Ryan