[DMCForum] Re: The power of a DMC

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:

> Yesturday I was test driving a 1990 300ZX. The salesman did not take
> me serious at first so I came by my house so my mom could see the car.
<SNIP>

The worst thing that's ever happened to me at a dealership was at
Chapman Jeep. I went to buy a new Wrangler, and they were not quite
happy about it, and only wanted to sell me a used car. I was using a
fleet purchase, and was only going to pay about $400 above the
dealer's invoice (shaved almost $7K off the price!). They told me that
they couldn't sell me the vehicle. I went to another dealership, and
found out that they ran ALLOT of credit checks on me! I checked my
credit score, and found that they had lowered it to just above 600. I
was pissed.

I felt better however when they got slapped with a lawsuit for the
practice. Some guy had come in to look at a PT Cruiser, but decided
not to buy it. However, he had given them his driver's licence to test
drive one of the cars. And it had his SS# on it, so they ran all the
same credit checks. They never reported on the outcome, but the local
news station reported he sued them for a whole lotta money, and they
were going to settle out of court...

As for taking the DeLorean to dealerships, I try not to do it. People
will try to buy my car. They'll put their hands all over it. They try
to open the doors, the trunk, the engine compartment, they climb under
it. It's insane. Three times (once when when I bought my Explorer,
another time when I drove my buddy over to pick his car up from the
shop, and again when I went to the RX8 debut) this has happened. The
night of the RX8, I was walking back to my car, and some dofus was
doing just all of this to my car. I got pissed, but when I walked over
to yell at the guy, he asked me if I could get the keys to test drive
the car before I could even open my mouth!

I laughed, and then yelled at the guy. His excuse was that since it
still had the licence plate on it, he thought it was a fresh trade-in.
I tried to be as sympathetic as I could to his mistake, but clammering
all over my car, pawing to to death, and shaking it by the door
handles isn't something that I particuarly care for. He was really
embarassed in front of everyone, so I think I really got my point
across. 'Prolly only 1 of three times that I've ever been an outright
asshole to someone in public.

-Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS