Re: [DMCForum] Re: Alternative fuel.

It is a feasible idea. It will allow you access to much more power than
could be gained from your small engine. However, it would have to be a
fairly large generator and you'd get through more fuel than if you just
drove the car with the engine.

Martin

Ryan Wright wrote:

> Now, here's an idea I've actually mulled over. How much power does a
> typical electric motor used in an EV take when cruising?
>
> Why couldn't you just use a small diesel generator like this along
> with a small bank of 4 to 6 batteries for emergency "boost" power to
> drive an electric motor? Don't couple the generator to the wheels like
> today's hybrids do; use it purely to power an electric motor.
>
> Unless the electric motor uses more than 30KW while cruising?
>
> -Ryan

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS