[DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch

[DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch

The problem here is that you're not thinking ahead for the future. The
demand right now may not be what you would consider high. But stretch
that out over the long term into the upcomming years, and yes, the
demand is indeed there.

I understand exactly what you're saying about supply and demand. But
please understand my POV here. I don't want the demand to exceed the
supply. I don't want people to gouge others on the price of rare
parts, like I had to pay. So if it means I shell out a couple extra
bucks to buy some parts that I might not even need, then so be it.

If me buying a couple of headlight switches helps to get that part
back into production, and effectively devalue the stock of parts that
people hoarded, then I'm all for it. I'm more than willing to do it
now for the headlight switch, and in the future for other parts.

That and it sucks to drive around using jumper wires to get your
headlights to turn on. I felt like friggin' Ernistine the operator
everytime it got dark...

Been there, and done that on all fronts with not having an available,
and crucial safety component, and then having to pay an outragous
price for a replacement. To put it simply, Fuck doing anything like
that ever again. I'll help get the part back into production, so that
others don't have to go thru what I did.

And as far as supply and demand theory goes, it's abused way too often
in our society by greedy, wicked people, who hide behind it like to
avoid criticism. Housing prices are jacked up, so I still live in an
apartment. Gasoline and insurance prices are jacked up, so my
disposable income, and savings get tapped and suffer. And prescription
drugs are so high, I'll most likely be eating dog food by the time I'm
70, just so I can afford to get whatever medication is available, that
will keep me alive that much longer, to endure feeding someone immoral
corporations profit margin. If we don't take a stand against the
"supply and demand" pricing structure to stop the artificial inflation
the value of goods, more than our children, our decendants will become
permanent economic slaves. Or worse yet, we'll destroy our own
economic structure, and thus our society. Becoming self-sufficient is
the key. And we've a great opprotunity to make switches cheaply, and
readily available to everyone here, independant of those who choose to
extort our wallets under the guise of "Supply and Demand". I made that
mistake of overpaying for that headlight switch, and won't do it again.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good if DMCH
> has them remade.  But, if the demand is not there,
> then it is what it is!  That is why DMCH took this
> method with this part.  They did not ask us to
> pre-order the dash/binnacle, or angle drive because
> they know the demand is there...  and there is minimal
> competition for these items.
>
> * assuming the statement about Jerry Ryan is true *
>
> How many switches has Jerry sold at his price?  How
> many more would he have sold at $50 vs $90?  True, if
> I needed one I would rather pay $50 instead of $130 or
> $90, but those are the rules of supply and demand.
>
> My point is, if the demand is not there then why make
> the part?  DMCH (or any vendor) may be better served
> buying ALL of Jerry's remaining stock for $40 each to
> then resell to us at $50 each (Can't get 250
> pre-orders, so 300 switches should last a while).
> With the threat of DMCH repaired to have them re-made,
> Jerry must know that he will not be selling any more
> switches at the inflated rate.  Jerry given the choice
> to sell his remaining stock at $40 (or even less!)
> each, or have them worthless in a few weeks when the
> reproductions are made may be willing to sell them.
>
> On the other hand, what is to stop Jerry from selling
> them for $25 each after DMCH has them re-made?  Now
> everyone that paid $40 (or $50) for the reproduction
> got screwed (Not DMCH, because the risk was taken by
> the people who pre-bought)...  Kind of like the people
> who bought SSI for $250!
>
> Let me repeat, The work DMCH has done in the past few
> years to reproduce parts have been great.  I'd like to
> see it continue.

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS