Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch

Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH Reproduction headlight switch

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good if DMCH
has them remade.  But, if the demand is not there,
then it is what it is!  That is why DMCH took this
method with this part.  They did not ask us to
pre-order the dash/binnacle, or angle drive because
they know the demand is there...  and there is minimal
competition for these items.

* assuming the statement about Jerry Ryan is true *

How many switches has Jerry sold at his price?  How
many more would he have sold at $50 vs $90?  True, if
I needed one I would rather pay $50 instead of $130 or
$90, but those are the rules of supply and demand.

My point is, if the demand is not there then why make
the part?  DMCH (or any vendor) may be better served
buying ALL of Jerry's remaining stock for $40 each to
then resell to us at $50 each (Can't get 250
pre-orders, so 300 switches should last a while).
With the threat of DMCH repaired to have them re-made,
Jerry must know that he will not be selling any more
switches at the inflated rate.  Jerry given the choice
to sell his remaining stock at $40 (or even less!)
each, or have them worthless in a few weeks when the
reproductions are made may be willing to sell them.

On the other hand, what is to stop Jerry from selling
them for $25 each after DMCH has them re-made?  Now
everyone that paid $40 (or $50) for the reproduction
got screwed (Not DMCH, because the risk was taken by
the people who pre-bought)...  Kind of like the people
who bought SSI for $250!

Let me repeat, The work DMCH has done in the past few
years to reproduce parts have been great.  I'd like to
see it continue.

--- Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's more than just the cap at hand, it is about
> trying to secure
> the availability of future parts. Plus like me, an
> owner of three
> Deloreans, the odds are against us that we may need
> at least one
> switch in the following years.
>
> 98% of all the remaining NOS headlight switches are
> owned my Jerry
> Ryan (snowmangolfers father) and he is charging $90+
> for them. He
> has over 300 of them, but only plans to increase the
> price if DMCH's
> units don't get made.
>
> So that $130 Robert paid will be a normal price.
>
> It is just a tiny, tiny investment in the future of
> the car. Less
> than a tank of gas now, so it is really
> insignifigant.
>
> I'd really like to see this switch get made. I know
> there are simply
> oblivious owners who simply just don't know about
> the headlight
> switch program.
>
> Hell, GM keeps extending the employee rebate into
> oblivion, maybe
> DMCH can extend it for a month or two to get the
> remaining units.
>
> -Joe

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS