Re: [DMCForum] Re: Videos

> BTW, did people in either of this videos give them written permission
> to appear in them? (something that Ken K should consider for his own
> shows)

It doesn't matter and isn't necessary. If you are in a public place,
you have no expectation of privacy. I can film you in a public place
and sell that video without your permission and there's little you can
do about it.

> material that contributes to knowlege and education. I mean, should
> book printers carry the same stigma that Video Bob seems to have
> garnished, simply because they charge for the books containing the
> works of William Shakespear? No, they didn't write the material, but
> they are charging to distribute it.

This is an invalid comparison; the works of William Shakespear are not
copyrighted.

> As a fellow DeLorean owner who has had more than his fair share of
> akward comments, and misinformation directed at him. To see the
> ignorance about our cars that is circling around out there, I believe
> that you too should be supporting the free flow of knowlege (not
> entertainment) to anyone who wants it. And not stop those who wish to
> provide it.

Good, I'm glad you feel this way. Now, how about another lesson on the
inner workings of Videobob: A few weeks ago during a debate similar to
this, Robert publicly whined that he was merely recouping his costs
and that he would offer this material for free if someone was willing
to pay for the bandwidth. He specifically said, "Put your money where
your mouth is."

I responded, again publicly, and said that I would make the material
freely available and cover bandwidth costs. All he had to do was get
it to me. He failed to respond and failed to get the material to me.
Therefore, I can only conclude he isn't interested in supporting the
free flow of knowledge - he'd rather make a few bucks on the side.

-Ryan