Re: [DMCForum] Re: Videos

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> That does not matter. No one charges for file
> sharing, but that does
> not make it any more illegal. There is no difference
> here.

I have said many times, in the eyes of the law it does
not matter if you give it away or sell it..  For me,
it is more of a moral issue.

As Mr. Video Bob once said himself "Honor among
thieves".

<SNIP>
> does this mean that DMCH & P.J. Grady are morally
> wrong as well for
> selling reproduction workshop manuals?

I have not priced out the workshop manual recently,
but would say that if they are profiting from sales of
workshop manuals, it is more wrong than if they just
made them available on the Internet for free.

Moreover, I have yet to see DMCH or Grady come on and
accuse someone else of "stealing" (for lack of a
better term) from them.  VB plays both sides of the
game, he re-sells content he does not own yet wants to
not only protect the content he does own but also stop
others from selling the content he is already selling
but does not own!  (Yea, read that 2 or 3 times.. I
had to!) as he did with the DVD for sale on Ebay that
competes with his.

<SNIP>

> Pffft! How should I know? The content of a site vs.
> it's navigation
> are totally seperate items. Just because you didn't
> find it, doesn't
> mean that it's not there.

I disagree.  If Tamir's intent is to use his site as a
marketing tool, There would be plenty of opportunity
for a browser of the site to see advertisements for
his products.

<SNIP>

> book printers carry the same stigma that Video Bob
seems to have
> garnished, simply because they charge for the books
containing the
> works of William Shakespear? No, they didn't write
the material, but
> they are charging to distribute it.

I have no idea the logistics of how one would reprint
William Shakespeare (entertainment??), but assume
those that do so are doing it in a legal manor.

<SNIP>

> that you too should be supporting the free flow of
knowlege (not
> entertainment) to anyone who wants it. And not stop
those who wish to

FREE flow.. yes..  FREE.  :)

<SNIP>
> video clips, then do the exact same thing he does. I
want you to
> deliver the same product, and ship out those DVDs,
and not charge for

I spent MONTHS preparing all of the video for Pigeon
Forge.  I received no payment for that work (Profit,
or otherwise).  Why are you defending VB anyway?  The
man himself admitted his motivation is PROFIT, not
education (or entertainment)!  Otherwise, VB would be
selling the DVD's for significantly less money.