Re: [DMCForum] Re: Smoking..

There is a good point Vegas made that he forgot when he was making his
other points lol.  Restaurants and bars and most all public places are
themselves workers.  If I am a hot blonde with a great rack and can
make thousands stripping, why should I have to be surrounded by
unhealthy smoke?  If I work at that bar or nightclub or even
restaurant, is it fair for me to submit myself to the 2nd shower of
the day to cleanse myself from that nasty smell (or that supposed
health risk -- come on cigs are good for everyone right??).

Lauren has a point about other smells, and to some extent it happens.
I am sure people have been denied service or entrance to public places
due to a bad smell?  I have seen it at airports and restaurants
myself.  These things however can not be attributed to any health
concern.

The NY State law IMHO was great.  Businesses wined about loss of
business so NYS said fine in the next 3-6 months if you lose any of
your normal business submit it to us and we will subsidize it.  To my
knowledge none were submitted.  In fact places most concerned were the
bars and clubs.  Their business went up as non-smokers felt
comfortable and safe going in.

I can't make any comparisons to Sin City and NYC in tourism.  Sin City
has made a huge transformation over the last 10 years and has a huge
draw.

2004 -- http://techpolicy.typepad.com/iamadamsmith/2004/09/top_tourist_des.html
2001 -- http://archives.cnn.com/2001/TRAVEL/NEWS/12/10/nyc.tourism.poll/

Las Vegas is even under San Francisco.  Oh well maybe next year (total
sarcasm, I LOVE Vegas!!)

Oh well I better go to bed I have ranted enough for tonight :)

Jack