Re: [DMCForum] Re: Smoking..

Flavia wrote:

>  One of the reasons why I love to go out in NYC, no smoking in
> bars or clubs, I can have fun, breathe

When I smoked, smokers were always the target of "I can't stand
the smell"  issues.  Personally, I have  a problem with people who
feel the need to overdose on perfumes, whether in clubs or
restaurants or airplanes.   The cacophony of scents really bothers
me yet no one has ever started an anti-perfume campaign against
the obnoxiously overscented.

My point is that with the asshole-to-elbow population exploding
everywhere, no one can do anything that won't bother someone.
Where do we draw the line?  Perfumes?  Dirty diapers?  Excessive
noise?  Ugly shoes? What about people with MCS - do they want to
ban polyester in public?   If we legislate away all the irritables, we'll
all have to leave our houses in bubblewrap.  But what right do we
have to legislate some of the irritables and not others?