Re: [DMCForum] Resetting the fuel system

Walter Coe wrote:

> There are no circuit breakers that pop -- meaning ones that
> trip and have to be manually reset.

On Martyn's car there are - they replace all the fuses and it has been
done very nicely, and I did inadvertently test it a couple of times!

> If you have these in
> your car then you need to figure out how they are installed
> and what they replace, etc.

That's the problem, none of them are labelled.

> The door lock module is powered
> from an automatic resetting circuit breaker.  There should
> be 3 of this style in the relay compartment.  Two are
> mounted vertically toward the front of the car, and the one
> for the door lock module is mounted rearward of the door
> lock module and facing up.  It should have two wires going
> to it, and one of those wires is the red one feeding the
> door lock module.

His module is a rebuilt/upgraded one.

> > Or does the car need to be plugged into a DMC diagnostic
> computer to have a post-crash repair indicator reset or
> something?
>
> Not even close, dude!  There are no digital computers that
> run the car.  The only thing that could need resetting after
> an accident is the plunger on the inertia switch.

The diagnostic socket on the engine does work, but the computers were
only ever available to Renault. And I know for a fact that Martyn's car
doesn't have a diagnostic socket.

Oh, and Martyn, my Xantia blew a turbo pipe the other night. It won't go
faster than 70 and I'm driving very carefully to avoid overspinning it!

Martin

click here