Re: [DMCForum] Resetting the fuel system

Re: [DMCForum] Resetting the fuel system

Hi Martyn,

> While I was driving around with the switch jumpered out,
the central locking didn't work, but I'd assumed that once it
was replaced I'd get the central locking back.

The signal going from the inertia switch to the door lock
module is as good as disconnected when it isn't in the
process of unlocking the doors.  So if it was disconnected,
the door lock module wouldn't care.

> I've checked all the circuit breakers and none of
them have popped, so I'm wondering about relays.

There are no circuit breakers that pop -- meaning ones that
trip and have to be manually reset.  If you have these in
your car then you need to figure out how they are installed
and what they replace, etc.  The door lock module is powered
from an automatic resetting circuit breaker.  There should
be 3 of this style in the relay compartment.  Two are
mounted vertically toward the front of the car, and the one
for the door lock module is mounted rearward of the door
lock module and facing up.  It should have two wires going
to it, and one of those wires is the red one feeding the
door lock module.  It is standard procedure to disconnect
this for stock door lock modules because the relays inside
tend to stick on and burn up the lock solenoids.

> Or does the car need to be plugged into a DMC diagnostic
computer to have a post-crash repair indicator reset or
something?

Not even close, dude!  There are no digital computers that
run the car.  The only thing that could need resetting after
an accident is the plunger on the inertia switch.

Walt    Tampa, Florida

click here