Re: [DMCForum] Serious door alignment issue

Re: [DMCForum] Serious door alignment issue

Jordan, I finally got a chance to look at the photos.  It
looks like either the hinge is raised up or bent or the
adjustment slipped.

The most likely would be a slipped adjustment, but the
problem looks far worse than what an adjustment can do.
Some background: A previous owner of my daily driver had
removed the lower/inner bolt that holds the front hinge to
the drivers door.  Then they replaced it with a smaller bolt
and somehow managed to put a nut inside the door to hold it.
It was always loose and sloppy until I took the door off and
put a new threaded plate in the door.  The original plate
had the threads stripped out.  Evidently they tried to
adjust the hinge without releasing the torsion bar.  I don't
see how anything can be done with that hinge while the
torsion bar is in there.

The next thing I would suspect is that the hinge is bent,
but I cannot tell from the photos.  You may have to take the
door off, hold a straight edge to the hinge and compare with
another.

Even tho the hinge looks high, I dont see how this can raise
up without major fiberglass damage.  If this was it then it
would be obvious.

Walt

click here