Re: [DMCForum] difference between fuel senders

Re: [DMCForum] difference between fuel senders

>Walter Coe wrote:
>

>>The OEM senders can be made to work half-way reliably, but
>>it takes a lot of trial & error to stop the float from
>>binding yet still make good electrical contact.  If you have
>>more patience than money, this is the way to go.

I bought one of the NOS later series ("fixed") senders from eBay a few
years ago.   I think I ended up paying $250.   It has worked great,
never hanging up or causing any misreadings.    My original sender was
toast, although reading through the literature, it never read right even
when it was new (topping out at 3/4 tank, etc).   After DMC Houston came
out with their $99 replacement, I was a bit annoyed at already having
bought the other one - but then reading that it uses reed switch "steps"
to indicate level, I figured the later model factory unit works better
overall.

click here