Re: [DMCForum] my intermittant overheat problem
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DMCForum] my intermittant overheat problem



On Fri, 28 May 2004, Walter Coe wrote:

> I now know why dogs love the taste of anti-freeze.

Took you this long to taste some?  I was always that kid who ate
everything he was told not to, so I think I found out how good antifreeze
tastes when I was about eight.  It's really good stuff.  I could drink it
by the cupfull if it wouldn't kill me.

Your overheating problem sounds somewhat similar to one I have and haven't
tracked down, only mine happens only with the AC on.  Like you, short
trips are fine for me, but if I go on a longer trip (and have the AC on),
sometimes I'll see that temperature gauge start rising.  If I turn off the
AC, the temperature comes right back down (and mine goes up) and then I
can usually turn the AC back on and the rest of my trip will be
uneventful.  It's pretty strange.  I, too, have burped the radiator a few
times just to be sure everything is circulating fine, and there's nothing
that I can find wrong with the system.

Because of this behavior, and because of my electrical system's general
droopiness, I picked up one of John Hervey's new fan kits (very nice
setup, John).  Who knows?  Maybe it'll help.  I could certainly use a few
fewer amps draw on the system anyway.

> I've thought of dumping holy water in there, but that might be
> disrespectful... ;-)

Agreed.  You should treat your car with more respect than that.

-andrew

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT
click here


Yahoo! Groups Links



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive