[DMCForum] Re: Front-end vibration

I had front-end vibration for years.  I replaced everything -- rims,
tires, some steering/suspension components, etc.  I was really
frustrated -- after all that, the vibration had subsided a little
bit, but it was still there.

I took it into a frame/alignment specialty place here in Indianapolis
that works on Mercedes and BMWs mostly.  I was starting to think
there was a problem with the frame such that the car wouldn't take an
alignment/balance.  I was ready to spend some big bucks to fix the
problem.  Only 3 hours after I dropped the DeLorean off, the mechanic
there called me and told me my car was fixed and ready to be picked
up.

Turned out it just needed a balance.  I told the mechanic I had the
car balanced many times over the years.  He asked me where.  So I
told him I had it balanced when I got new tires, at least once more
at pep boys, at BridgeStone when I lived in Austin, etc.

He said "yeah, it looked to me like you had a 'tire store' balance."
Moral: The stupid kids at the tire stores can't get a balance right
even by accident.

That was last summer.  My DeLorean has been as smooth as silk ever
since.  No vibration whatsoever.

Aaron

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm still ironing out a minor front-end vibration.
>
> I have new tires (8 months old). They were balanced of course.
> My rotors have been freshly turned.
> My front calipers are new and don't bind or grab.
> My sway bar bushings are all new.
> The front-end was aligned and it's well within specs.
> I've checked my tire pressure.
>
> The vibration begins at 55mph, is worst 60mph, lessens at 65mph and
> is about gone from 70mph+.
>
> Did I perhaps throw a wheel weight? Also, could worn control arm
> bushings (upper/lower) cause this?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich A.

click here