[DMCForum] Amatuer Mechanics

Ok, most of us here are amatuers but this just makes me fume.

During the winter, I had a loss of confidence and found a mechanic
willing to work on my car. He admitted ignorance in all things
DeLorean and I told him that if he were a normal, competent mechanic
that he could handle working on a Volvo engine if I supplied the
manuals.

I ended up paying him $400.00 to teach -him- about the fuel system. I
told him I suspected that the primary pressure regulator was rusted
shut. He argued. I told him I was paying him to do what I want. So we
pulled the fuel dizzy off. I was right, he was wrong. We freed the
regulator up. Against, my wishes when my back was turned, he opened
the fuel dizzy. Now it's ruined. It leaks. He put wrong size O-rings
on the plunger. Ok, fine. I'm resigned to a new one. No problem.

Next, he noticed the O2 adjustment screw was plugged up. I told him
this was correct. The DeLorean has -electronic- idle control. "No it
doesn't". And again, behind my back, he drilled out the plug and set
a screw in it thinking he was setting the idle.

He also drilled into the 3mm allen head adjustment screw. I can't
adjust it now because the screw head is hamburger. If anyone has a
spare screw of this type, or a spare venturi off of a parts engine
for sale, please contact me offline.

Thanks,

Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512