Re: [DMCForum] DeLorean for sale

Not being very mechanically sopisticated, I have
stayed out of this long discussion.  However, sensing
your frustration, I will now offer my suggestion, but
first, some background.

Remember, no matter what Martin and the boys across
the pond say, the car was built in Ireland (Northern
is just an  ^&^$%#&**%^ adjective).  Being Irish, it
is sensitive and responds well to recognition of its
true heritage.  Had you finished your rebuild and
started it on March 17th, it would have started and
purred like a kitten (though not like a Chesshire
cat).  Since that is no longer available to you, at
least for this year, here's what you need to do:

1. Break out a Guinness and let the car see you
drinking it.

2.  Be sure you are wearing green.

3.  Have another Guinness.

4.  Remove anything Orange from the sight (and site)
of your vehicle.

5.  Have another Guinness.

6.  Invite someone named Paddy over to help you.

7.  Have another Guinness - - and then, if it doesn't
start, remove gas cap, tow car - - oh, well, you get
the idea.

Rich, no need to thank me.  Twenty one years of
DeLorean ownership and thousands of cans of Guinness
Draught later, it's about time I contribute something
technical.

Dick Ryan

--- cruznmd <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Needs minor restoration work. Simply unscrew gas
> cap, tow vehicle
> away, drive new DeLorean under gas cap. Screw on gas
> cap. Restoration
> complete.
>
> Ok, so I'm not -quite- ready to quit yet. I am
> starting to feel
> cheated though.
>
> Let's review:
>
> 1. Car did not run because of fuel system &
> electrical problems.
>
> 2. Fixed electrical problems, and most of fuel
> problems. Need new
> fuel distributor. Car ran, though poorly. Very rich.
>
> 3. Water pump leaked, engine overheated blowing head
> gaskets. (Yes,
> I'm an idiot) At this point, the car still -ran-.
>
> 4. Reconditioned engine. New head gaskets and seals
> all the way
> around. New O2 sensor, thermotime thingy, vacuum
> switch, (the stuff
> in the coolant "Y" pipe) blah blah blah.
>
> 5. I've re done the timing 20 times now. Fuel, air,
> spark, starting
> fluid. Now car does not run.
>
> I've done this before. I don't know why I can't now.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30504&media=atkins> click here