Re: [DMCForum] more bumper stripping...

Hi Greg

I have used run-of-the-mill plastic primer followed by off-the-shelf
colour in a shade I like ("Rover Steel Grey"). The best tip I can give
is not to be afraid of paining the black bits. Over here Halfords do
some excellent paints, and their "black plastic bumper paint" looks
fantastic and is nigh on impossible to cock-up.

Martin

timnagin wrote:

>I got a replacement can of Bumper Stripper today and went to work on the
>fascia again.  It does indeed seem that the first can was defective.  The
>guy mentioned the first can I bought was a promotional item and quite
old.

>Anyway, the aftermarket paint, and the OEM paint, came off without a
hitch.
>Followed by a good cleaning with some acrylic lacquer thinner, it was
down
>to the original black molded piece within a very short time.
>
>My question now is, has anyone on here refinished and repainted their
>fascia?  I am looking for any tips and advice.  I have experience
painting
>stuff like this, but am wondering if there is anything I should pay
special
>attention to.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Greg