[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

I am sure Chris does Superior work,but come on you are making vin 570
sound like it was sitting in a field somewhere,(which technically it
was before I got it)when it fact it was stored indoors(and with a car
cover over it) from day one,until  it was sold,it NEVER ever saw the
outside world until it left my hands!!! (appox 15yrs)and then it was
stored 15 feet above earth(second floor),(all my "Ds" were
permanently stored indoors)any Physical damage(passenger door) was
done by the P.O.and I had a mint door for it's replacement(on a donor
car),the only "damage" I did was accidentally crack the
windshield,the SS panels were perfect,the Qpanels WERE NOT the
permanent panels(and not the originals(those were still on the donor
car or stored) and given with the car(s)the frame was a perfect MINT
0 rust perfect straight(as new)Interior was as I got it minus removal
of seats and carpet(stored away)If you saw it as I got it,yes then
you could/would have said, it could have been a parts car(same with
vin 16686,now a mint show style car) Any "butchering"/Damage was done
by the previous P.O.
Vin 570 had/has a perfect mint SS on the nose,drivers door was
perfect,pass door had damage(by the p.o.lower area,repairable by
Chris,me I was going to replace)the temporary Q panels had
some "nicks",but easily removable/repairable,but again those that
were on the car when taken were NOT supposed to be the perament
panels,the Black body was  very Clean,with no damage,Yes the car
needed completion,as I was doing a ground up restore,and the drive
train was not installed,(and started before removal,ran excellent)but
at one point in time,I was having problems with my local town hall,
(because of a bad renter in part of the building)and at the time by
local code I was NOT allowed to do major automotive work in my
building,(as they planned to break the door(s) down and enter)so I
hastily put the black body on the frame,and just bolted the (the
temp. Q panels) on as to make all cars look as stored cars(allowed by
local code),then never got back to finish, where I had left off.(Then
sold in that state)

If he is making it into a Turbo car,that's great news!! But Again
like vin 16686, vin #00570 would not be around today to be
completed,had I not done a partial restore,and a full restore on
16686.But I needed to do a quick sale as I had to give the place to
the new owner,and had no place to store them,and would not EVEN think
about storing them outdoors,so I sold rather than watch them rot
outside.Otherwise it would have become another completed car as I did
with vin 16686(back in 1988 and still going strong today,a testament
to my workmanship).As I had ALL parts(and then some) to make it into
a showcar,which I was planning to do,but never completed.The car(s)
left as described above,I cannot say,what the condition it was after
it left my hands,or if parts were exchanged for lessor parts,BUT the
only real damage was on the pass door/nicks on Qpanels/cracked
windshield,otherwise a very easy car to assemble only.Since I had the
SS parts,it was assembly ONLY for me.Wiring was unbutchered/dash
untouched by me(mint)except someone had already taken the radio.Black
body was very clean,along with the frame.
All parts were there to complete.I had well over 200 hours into the
car when sold.
CBL