[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans, factory and others

CBL and others,

I would like to provide some first hand information I know about
the extensive refurbishing being done on VIN570.  The only reason
it was put in the "prized" list was the low VIN, not its purchased
condition.

There was so much wrong with VIN570 that it was extremely close to
being parted out (to fix other early VIN cars) and scrapped.  Most
of the underbody had to be replaced or refurbished, then restored
before the work could begin on the mechanicals and the stainless.

Chris Nicholson really deserves all the credit in this endeavor,
since it has taken him hundreds of hours (so far) to be partially
complete with the restoration.  I'm sure nearly a hundred hours
would not have been necessary if the car had not been butchered
previously.

It is important to note the only items that will look like VIN570
when it was received by Chris (after the restoration) will be the
VIN tags.  Chris has kept an ongoing set of progress photos during
the restoration and the photos really tell the whole, true story.

As for Legend power, this was also Chris's decision and should not
be associated with any previous ownership of VIN570.  This was not
and was never intended as a Factory Legend powered DeLorean.  This
project will be similar to other non-factory Legend powered cars.

As for the other statements, yes, VIN530 is an original Legend Twin
Turbo powered car and VIN528 is an original Legend Single Turbo car.

VIN520 is possibly the best representation of a complete restoration
on a very early VIN DeLorean, bar none.  Not only is this a great
looking very early VIN DeLorean, but it was also driven to and from
John Z. DeLorean's wake, through rain, sleet and snow this March.

DCS 2006 may have the largest collection of Legend powered DeLoreans
ever in one place, in tribute to JZD and the car's 25th anniversary.

I have seen both progress photos and the car and engine in person.
Please try to give credit to the proper people, when credit is due.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cbl1739" <cbl302@xxxx> wrote:
> Legend Turbo Deloreans,now THREE!!
>
> While surfing the internet found this little interesting tibet:
>
> With over 10 years of `hands-on' experience, Chris has
> undertaken
> complete stainless restoration of some of the most prized
Deloreans