Re: Where to check for water leaks into the car?

Re: Where to check for water leaks into the car?

I can personally attest to this. Ever since I bought my car, I've
occasionally found small glass fragments behind the rear shelf. 2
years ago I applied "Window Resealant" to the rear window. Cut down
the noise drasticly and stopped the several water leaks that came
into notice after a touchless car wash. However this past year it
got noisy again so while I had my quarter panels, louvers, and t-
panel removed last fall I pulled off the window; cleaned off ALL
adheasive on both car and glass; and reglued it using a nice fresh,
clean bead of 3M Winshield Adheasive all the way around. Couldn't
tell you the noise level deduction since my entire interior is still
removed for my dynamat install, but hopefully when all back together
next spring I'll have one super-quiet DeLorean.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
'81 DMC-6960
'96 Subaru SVX