Re: Speedometer Recalibration - UPDATE - CONCLUSION

Re: Speedometer Recalibration - UPDATE - CONCLUSION

OK everyone,
this is what I have learned about getting your speedometer recalibrated.
I know that several Delorean parts sellers sell a re-calibrated
speedometer that includes a new faceplace and requires you to either
exchange your speedo or send it in and wait several weeks.
They charge about $350 or more for this service.
I think that this is a little too much for me.

Now, if you wanted to get the D.A.R.T. Indiglo Dash kit upgrade,
they offer them in 85, 140 and 160.
If you don't already have an upgraded Speedo, this is a
great chance to do it without having to spend $350 on one!!

The speedo is a "GM" supplied, "AC Sparkplug Division" speedo.
I am posting some pictures under FILES in SPEEDO.

I have found a place in Dallas called "ZEPCO".
They can recalibrate the speedo if you send it to them along
with the dash you want to use.

They charge $65.00 per hour, and guess that this is about
a one hour job, + tax if applicable and shipping.

To have it done please contact:
mike@xxxx or 972-690-1052x26 - Mike

However, you be able to get this done at any speedo shop.
Check you local Yellow Pages and you should find a few shops
in your area that can do this.

Just trying to help.
- Videobob
VIN#5278