Re: Where to check for water leaks into the car?

Re: Where to check for water leaks into the car?

Water leaks in the D are a problem once in a while. However, that
rear window is probably a bad replacement problem. A door adjustment
gone bad (didn't use the correct tool) is a common cause of rear
window breakage. It is unlikely that the original rear window came
loose from the bottom. The rear window was probably replaced and not
done correctly. All this means is - the rear window should be check
and a professional install done. Push out from inside the car on the
top of the rear window while someone outside supports the window - I
would bet it comes loose and falls out.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PRC1216@xxxx wrote:
> Hey All.
> I took my D on its first long trip over Thanksgiving (longest trip
since I have owned it). It rained for a full day on the car in the
parking lot, and when I went out to check on it after 10 hours of
constant drizzle, I reached and felt under the carpet where your
feet go and it was SOAKED underneath.