Two schools of DeLo thought

I know moderator declared topic closed, but replies to date haven't
addressed root cause of Snow Covered DeLo Controversy:

Are essentially two schools of DeLo thought:
1) Preserve the car
2) Use the car
Unfortunately two are exclusive of each other.

For example, I am a user. Preserve car best as I can, but ultimate
objective is to drive vehicle as often and as far as possible. Am
willing to sacrifice gradual disintegration (is a machine -- it WILL
wear out) in that pursuit.

Preservationists exact opposite. They drive cars as best they can, but
ultimate objective is to keep vehicles as close to factory condition
as possible. Are willing to sacrifice road time in their pursuit.

Of course owners fall all along this spectrum, but sentiments if
nothing else point towards one end or the other.
Problem is: adherents of one philosophy sometimes not tolerant of
other. Am guilty of this myself (recently derided Tucker owners in
another group for not driving their vehicles "like I drive my DeLo").
Truth is: BOTH positions equally important. By the time #5939 is
literally "used up" will have logged tens or hundreds of thousands of
miles amongst motoring public, just as designers intended. But all
I'll have left is happy memories -- car itself will be
disintegrating/ed. At that same time preserved DeLoreans, denied their
miles (which is NOT what designers intended), will nonetheless remain
vivid and tangible links to an important chapter in automobile history
-- a role my car can no longer perform.

The more owners understand and appreciate others' approach to car, the
less likely problems like Snow Covered DeLo Controversy.

Bill Robertson