Re: Very basic question about SS clutch line replacement

Re: Very basic question about SS clutch line replacement

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supermattthehero" <supermatty@xxxx>
wrote:
> I recently purchased the SS clutch line and while reading through
> the archives I thought of something.
> Does this mean to replace the old plastic clutch line, the
transaxle must come out???

Nope, don't worry about it. When you get your car home, put it up on
jack-stands, crawl under there and you will see that installing the
SS clutch line is a lot easier than you thought. It's true that the
slave is not the easiest part to reach, but that doesn't matter
because you don't have to. Unless the P.O. (previous owner) screwed
around with it, there will be a tube connecting the slave cylinder to
a fitting mounted below and forward of the slave where you can easily
reach. This is where the other end of the SS line connects to, not
the slave itself. You will know what I'm talking about when you see
it. Hope this helps.

Richard Rowe
vin5853