Very basic question about SS clutch line replacement

Very basic question about SS clutch line replacement

I recently purchased the SS clutch line and while reading through
the archives I thought of something.

Now, keep in mind, my car is 350 miles away from me right, now so it
brings me satisfaction to read about it when I can't be working on
it. The downside is that I can't walk into my garage and do an
inspection when I think of something.

So here goes... It was my understanding that the clutch line
connects from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder, and that
the slave cylinder can only be accessed while the transaxle is out.
Does this mean to replace the old plastic clutch line, the transaxle
must come out??? The slave cylinder on my car was replaced just
prior to my ownership so I'm not concerned about it at this time.

On a related note, the drain plug bolt on the bottom driver-side of
my transaxle looks 'moist.' There is no puddle formed, even after
sitting in the same place for 4 months, but it has a wet look to
it. What could this mean? The liquid feels oily and clear color.

thanks as always!

Matt