Re: [DML] Very basic question about SS clutch line replacement

Re: [DML] Very basic question about SS clutch line replacement

>From under the car (or from above if you know where to look and/or
take the engine cover off) find the slave cylinder. On the end of it
that faces toward the front of the car there's a rubber boot that the
pin for the clutch fork comes through.

Peel back the rubber boot slightly from the body of the slave
cylinder. If any fluid runs out you need to replce the cylinder. It
can leak quite a bit (about a tablespoon) into the boot before it
runs out on the floor (and removes the epoxy from the frame under the
bellhousing).

Regarding the drain plug - that drip can either be clutch fluid
(brake fluid) OR can be transmission oil. Careful with that drain
plug, it is fairly easy to strip the threads in the aluminum housing.
It's holding in about a gallon of 90-wt oil.

Slave clyinder can be changed with the trans in the car from
underneath. Pain in the neck, easier on a lift but not manadatory.

Dave S <--about 3 threads left on the trans drain plug hole -
helicoil at the next service....