Squishy Brakes.

Last August, I replaced my Brake Master Cylinder, and also flushed the entire
hydraulic system with Castrol GTLMA (as stated in a previous post). And everything
has been fine since then.

Until last week...

I was going about 90mph or so, and had to slow down rather quickly to almost a
stop. I didn't "slam" the pedal at all, but did press a bit firmer than normal to slow
quicker than normal, in a shorter distance. Car slowed down fine, and performed
great. However, when I got out, I could smell that the brakes had overheated a bit,
from the stench of burning asbestos. Ever since then though, my brakes have been
"squishy". The pedal doesn't catch until it's about 2/3's of the way down. But if I
double-pump the pedal rapidly, it will catch about a quarter of the way down. A quick
inspection shows no leaks in the system, and the fluid level in the reservoir is fine,
being only slightly down from when I last topped it off in August, as I would expect
(although the cap itself appeared to be wet on top).

I'm at a loss here as to what may have happened, except that perhaps I've boiled the
fluid, and made it compressable, or something has happened to the Brake M/C,
although it is less than 5 months fresh in the car. And I wouldn't think this to be an
issue with the brake booster, because it's not as though the pedal has become
harder. And while Castrol says that GTLMA is supposed to have a higher boiling point
than "regular brake fluids", they don't say what it is on their web site. Plus I doubt
that the fuild is that "wet", since it's exposure was kept to a minimal durring 18%
humidity in the air. But even with 20 year old DOT 4 in the system, the brakes were
NEVER this bad, and especially so sudddenly.

Ideas?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"